Thursday, July 06, 2006

Oh Crow ! Shall I Cage You ?




This life of despair
and of assured pain,
longs for something
to keep it derailed.

You can be a friend,
a spectator so mute.
your beauty will not distract me
when I keep you caged.

Oh crow ! shall I cage you ?

You look at life with a different view
They say you can tell the old from new
So stay with me and warn me of death
and tell me if I still have life underneath.

You love your freedom
and piece of worms-
picked so thoughtfully from the stenching drains;
but I'll keep you warm,
and I'll keep you fed,
and will keep you safe, from the drenching rains.

Oh crow ! shall I cage you ?

You hover all around,
even though you aren't heeded;
but you carry no pretensions,
for you have ugly beak
and dull shades and lesions.

but I'll keep you washed and
in here you will shine,
and here you'll be needed
and it will be all fine.
So tell me:
Oh crow ! shall I cage you ?

You might love your trees
and the urge to fly;
but you have grown old
and someday you will die.

We will sit together and talk about life
and talk of things, we could not survive.
And talk about friends and talk about foes
and we will drink to happiness
and to all the woes.
so do us this favour, tell me...will you?

Oh crow ! shall I cage you?

I once had a nightangle,
who always sang songs
but she died of loneliness
for having never been praised.

Oh crow ! Shall you be caged ?